There are 2 storage options available to upload and secure your videos.
Upload to Spotlightr
Uploading a video directly to the Spotlightr is the only way we can guarantee performance as we don't have to rely on the 3rd party network and settings. Our best advice is to always use Spotlightr as a hosting service and then embed videos on your site.
Use my own storage
When you choose to upload to Spotlightr, you do have the option to upload to your own Amazon S3 storage instead of to Spotlightr storage. To integrate your S3 account with Spotlightr, please refer to this article.
Secure My Video
You can use this option to secure your videos and it is available for both uploading to Spotlightr storage as well as Amazon S3.
By using this option you will be taking advantage of our HLS segmentation encryption, which makes your video content extremely secure. It will make browser extensions and plugins useless. Further, even if someone does succeed in downloading a video file it is almost impossible to decrypt and watch.
If the check-box "Secure My Video" is selected, your video will be converted to .m3u8 format container and it will be secured. If you wish to keep your video in .mp4 this option should be unchecked.
To read more about the security please see to the Content Security article.
- If you are uploading to Spotlightr, simply click on the "UPLOAD TO SPOTLIGHTR" button and select your file. If you are uploading to your S3, make sure you click on "USE MY OWN STORAGE".
- After the system validates the video you can name the video, add it to a group, and/or apply settings from another video.
- Then click on SAVE & CONTINUE
NOTE** If you checked the option "Secure My Video", it can take some time for conversion and encryption processes. However, after you click "Save & Continue you can start editing your video before the conversion is completed.
Now, you can see your new video in the list (My Videos).
The up arrow icon will point out that this video is uploaded, and the small lock icon will indicate that it is protected with the HLS encryption.
If you are curios to know what is happening with your uploaded video in the background, please refer to the corresponding article - Uploading Process.
You also have the option to upload or link multiple videos at the same time. You can find this option from your "My Videos" Dashboard here:
From there you have two options:
- Upload & Link - This will allow you to upload multiple videos at the same time or add multiple links from external sources, using our hybrid hosting.
- Import External - You can also import videos from Youtube, Wistia, and Vimeo.
If you are going to upload multiple videos, simply drag your videos to this field here:
Then choose your options and click on "Upload and Create Videos".