For using the SMTP server, we only recommend using a dedicated SMTP service like SendGrid.com, Mandrill.com, MailJet.com, Amazon SES, etc. By using your own SMTP server you will be able to send emails for your business through Spotlightr.
Use this document as a guide for setting up the SMTP service, we have used Gmail as an example.
- To set up your SMTP go to the SMTP SETTINGS available from your account settings (small wrench icon, next to your username):
- Provide your SMTP credentials, fill in all mandatory fields and click on the button "TEST SMTP SETTINGS".
- Server Host Name/SMTP Server Address (Marked #1 above)
- Port Number/SMTP Server Port (Marked #2 above) 587
- SMTP Security/Encryption (Marked #3 above)
- Default From Address is the Sender's Email
- Username is the SMTP Username
- Password is the SMTP Password
- Now just click on "SAVE SMTP SETTINGS" and that's it.
All necessary settings for SendGrid can be collected from this page.
Gmail's Default SMTP Settings
- Gmail SMTP server address: smtp.gmail.com
- Gmail SMTP username: Your Gmail address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Gmail SMTP password: Your Gmail password
- Gmail SMTP port: 587 (TLS) or 465 (SSL)